The soundtrack of Cobra Kai season five has been revealed, featuring songs from Billy Idol, Jon Bon Jovi, Van Halen and Survivor.
The last season of Karate Kid The spin-off, released on Netflix on September 9, saw the return of Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka) and Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio), as they prepared to take on the growing karate empire of Terry Silver (Thomas Ian Griffith).
And, true to form, the season featured a number of classic ’80s tunes, including mega hits such as ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ and ‘You Spin Me Round’. Check out the full track list below:
- ‘Cancion del Mariachi (Morena de Mi Corazon)’ – Villa of Antonio Banderas and Los Lobos
- ‘Coapa’ – Moderate
- “The Stravaganza, op. 4, Concerto No. 12 in G major, RV 298: II. Largo’ – Antonio Lucio Vivaldi
- ‘Mony Mony’ – Billy Idol
- “Playing With The Boys” – Kenny Loggins
- ‘Blaze Of Glory’ – Jon Bon Jovi
- ‘Judas’ – Fozzy
- “Unchained” – Van Halen
- “Eye of the Tiger” – Survivor
- ‘I’ll Make You Sweat’ – C+C Music Factory
- ‘You got me spinning (like a record)’ – Dead Or Alive
- “My Path” – Paul Anka
- ‘Study op. 25 – No. 1’ – Frederic Chopin
- ‘Runnin’ Wild – Airbourne
On Monday, September 19, Sony Pictures announced that it would be developing a new standalone Karate Kid film slated for release in 2024.
It is understood that the film will have no connection to the Corba Kai TV series, and further details about the cast and director have yet to be revealed.
Cobra Kai co-creator Jon Hurwitz confirmed he was not involved in the project, writing in a recent post on Twitter: “The guys and I would love to do Karate Kid and Cobra Kai movies and hopefully one day.
“But this one isn’t ours or focused on the Cobra Kai cast. I don’t know much about it, but I wish him good luck.
The new project will be the sixth film in the long Karate Kid franchise, which began in 1984. The most recent film was released in 2010 and starred Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan, receiving fairly positive reviews and grossing $359m (£315m) worldwide.