Montreal’s SAT (Society for Arts and Technology) has unveiled its summer 2022 lineup, including another round of free outdoor film screenings in downtown Montreal. But unlike other film festivals and events coming to town this summer, these will feature live soundtrack performances.
And not just regular film soundtrack presentations. Attendees of the SAT’s Cine-Concert will see star performers improvise brand new soundtracks – a live spectacle of invention.
In a press release, the organization promises “unique moments of creation”.
The company and its partners, the Cinémathèque québécoise and the Quartier des Spectacles Partnership, will present four screenings at Place de la paix from July 14 to 22:
- by Jim Jarmusch The limits of control (2009) at 8 p.m. July 14
- with the music of silicon beats;
- by Chris Marker Level 5 (1997) at 8 p.m. July 15
- with music by Roger Tellier Craig, Jean Sébastien Truchy and Jonathan Parant;
- by David Robert Mitchell It follows (2014) at 8 p.m. on July 21,
- with music by Janette King and Maryze;
- and that of Dziga Vertov The man with the camera (1929) at 8 p.m. July 22
- with music by Ben Shemie.
The Cinémathèque québécoise will present short films before each screening.
Also at the SAT this summer are Substratea “sound immersion experience” with musical performances in the Satosphere dome on July 5, 6 and 7 and, until July 30, a rerun of the seven winning films of the SAT Fest 2022.
Get a summary of movie screening details below.
Outdoor film screenings with live soundtracks
Cine-concerts SATCourtesy of SAT
Where: Place de la paix, right next to the SAT (1201, boulevard Saint-Laurent)
When: July 14, 15, 21 and 22, 2022
Information on the cine-concerts
SAT Fest Winner Information